I wanted to take a second and thank one of the most influential people in my life, Butch Hartman.
If you don’t know who I’m talking about, Butch is the creator of Nickelodeon shows like The Fairly Odd Parents and Danny Phantom. He’s been with the company for twenty years, but has recently decided to leave. (You can watch his video on why he left Nick right here.)
He has also been one of the biggest influences on my writing career. Without even knowing it myself, Butch was boosting my confidence and creativity as I watched his shows growing up. It has only been recently that I’ve noticed this, though. I thought I was just watching funny shows and laughing along with the characters. But, underneath the surface, my mind was swelling with ideas. Just like anime, Butch’s works have imprinted on me in a way that I can never really explain.
Also, his love for God and his willingness to follow Him through life has had a big impact on my own relationship with the Lord. Butch doesn’t just speak of God’s love, he lives it. I believe he has created shows that not only entertain, but teach children about God’s love for them. When Timmy from The Fairly Odd Parents messes up, he gets in trouble. When Danny from Danny Phantom faces problems, he gets help from family and friends to face it. There’s no doubt in my mind, whether Butch did it on purpose or not, that his cartoons are filled with his love for God – that God has guided him to make such wonderful shows.
So, as a thank you to Butch Hartman for everything he’s done and will do in the future, I wanted to do something great. But the only thing I could think of was to make a Book Tag featuring him and his shows. What can I say, it’s the book nerd in me.
Down below are the points of the tag, along with a link to my answers on Youtube. And, guess what. I tag you in this book tag! Leave a comment with your answers or a link to them below. ^_^
Butch Hartman Book Tag
- Fairly Odd Parents – an odd book or character you’ve encountered.
- Danny Phantom – a cast of characters that won’t disappear from your mind.
- Tough Puppy – A book that made you laugh to no end.
- Nickelodeon – a childhood story you can never let go of.
- Bunson (is a Beast) – a brand new book you can’t wait to dive into!
- Speech Bubble Podcast – your favorite audiobook
- Noog Network (App) – a book series that excited you every part of the way.
- Butch Hartman – an author (or a person) who has been the most influential in your reading or personal life.